Home > Queensland Mining and Safety
Miners Memorial Day ServiceMiners Memorial Day - held each year on 19 September - shines a light on the most important side of mining: the safety and health of the men and women who work in Queensland mines.
The Queensland Government Mining JournalThe Autumn 2013 Queensland Government Mining Journal highlights the work of Simtars in international mine safety training; a new book that's an important milestone in geological knowledge and new potential directions and support for Queensland's resources industries.
Geological Survey of Queensland (GSQ)The Geological Survey of Queensland provides geoscience and resource information to improve the understanding of the geology and minerals and energy resource potential of Queensland.
SimtarsSimtars (the Safety in Mines Testing and Research Station) is a world leader in research, consulting, testing, certification and training services for the improvement of safety and health in the mining industry.
Safety alerts and bulletinsSafety alerts and bulletins help to improve safety and health in our industries by identifying hazards or significant risks and facilitating a risk-management approach to problem solving in the workplace.
Mining, exploration and petroleum
- Mines Safety Alert 299 - Load falls from crane hook causing fatal head injury (PDF, 102 kB)
- Petroleum and Gas Safety Alert 57 - Illegal hydrocarbon refrigerant usage (PDF, 127 kB)
- Mines Safety Bulletin 131 - Fatigue failure of drill mast bolts (PDF, 368 kB)
- Petroleum and Gas Safety Alert 56 - Unapproved imported refrigerator model XC-60 (PDF, 148 kB)
- Explosives Information Bulletin 77 - Low, medium and high power rocketry (PDF, 148 kB)
- Mines Safety Bulletin 133 - Preventing serious hand injuries (PDF, 144 kB)
- Explosives Information Bulletin 76 - Transporting Category 3 mixed loads of detonators and high explosives (PDF, 245 kB)
- Explosives Information Bulletin 23 v 18 - Explosives Inspectorate contact details (PDF, 121 kB)
- Mines Safety Bulletin 132 - Xanthates in mining (PDF, 124 kB)
- Explosives Information Bulletin 75 - Arms fairs - Sale of small arms ammunition and collectors' ammunition (PDF, 120 kB)
- Explosives Information Bulletin 74 v2 - Appropriate persons - who needs a security check for a licence or permit (PDF, 123 kB)
- Explosives Information Bulletin 20 v6 - Ammunition collectors (PDF, 132 kB)
- Explosives Information Bulletin 23 v17 - Explosives Inspectorate contact details (PDF, 127 kB)
- Explosives Safety Alert 68 - Rubber seal problem on charge kettle (PDF, 146 kB)
- Explosives Information Bulletin 10 v6 - Authorisation of explosives and trials of unauthorised/prohibited explosives in Queensland (PDF, 130 kB)
- Explosives Information Bulletin 71 v7 - List of authorised explosives (PDF, 329 kB)
- Petroleum and Gas Safety Alert 55 - Mobile devices distract driver attention (PDF, 85 kB)
- Petroleum and Gas Safety Alert 53 - Materials handler operator competency (PDF, 104 kB)
- Explosives Safety Alert 67 - Motor burnout on trailer full of ammonium nitrate (PDF, 70 kB)
- Explosives Safety Alert 66 - Quarry flyrock damages industrial buildings (PDF, 111 kB)
- Mines Safety Alert 298 - Explosion in an industrial vacuum truck (PDF, 95 kB)
- Explosives Important Notice 17 - Photographs for licences now current for 10 years (PDF, 74 kB)
- Explosives Security Alert 8 - Faulty padlocks compromise explosives security (PDF, 75 kB)
- Explosives Security Alert 7 - Detonator left on charge vehicle (PDF, 144 kB)
- Explosives Safety Alert 65 - Unintended initiation of electric detonator (PDF, 121 kB)
- Explosives Safety Alert 64 - Fireworks start bushfire (PDF, 115 kB)