Company exploration reports - QDEX
Queensland Digital Exploration Reports
- Connect to the Queensland Digital Exploration Reports System - Registered User
- Connect to Queensland Digital Exploration Reports System - Guest User
- Complete QDEX Registration Form (PDF, 1.4 MB)
The Geological Survey of Queensland manages the collection of company exploration reports using an internet document management system called QDEX (Queensland Digital Exploration Reports system).
Since 1 January 2004 all reports lodged with the department for work carried out on exploration permits, mineral development licences and all petroleum tenure (including authorities to prospect) are submitted digitally using the QDEX electronic lodgement system.
All open-file company reports in the collection have been scanned into QDEX.
There are two ways to access the QDEX system - as a registered user and as a guest (or unregistered) user.
All users are able to view the descriptive elements, or metadata, relating to a report. They are also able to download or view report components, and have access to "Public Folders" containing reports that the department consider of general interest to users of QDEX.
In addition, a registered user has the ability to lodge reports, save reports to folders, create subscriptions and use the shopping cart function.
To become a registered user complete the registered form (see above), sign it, and send it back to us either by email (with scanned signature) or fax. Details are on the form.
Registration and use of QDEX is free.
QDEX has recently undergone a redevelopment and a new version of QDEX is now live. The following are some of the changes you can expect when you log into the new system:
- The download and upload limit of files has been changed to 50Mb. However, for those of you uploading reports we suggest you try to keep your components under 15Mb to reduce upload time and thus the chance of browser timeouts.
- You will now be able to download report components from the report details screen, bypassing the need to use the shopping cart. However should you want to download an entire report or a few reports you can still use the shopping cart function.
- The shopping cart download function now occurs in real time direct to your screen at the time of pressing the download button, no more waiting for an email.
- When viewing a TIFF image it will be converted on the fly to a PDF file that you can save to your computer. You can still download the original TIFF file if required.
- There is now a 'contact us' option under the help menu which will open up a new blank email for you to complete and send directly to QDEX Support.
- Guidelines for the submission of digital company reports (PDF, 374 kB)
- General user guide for QDEX (PDF, 3.8 MB)
- Guest user guide (PDF, 1.8 MB)
- Report lodgement user guide (PDF, 2.6 MB)
- Guidelines to creating PDFs (PDF, 4.9 MB)
Quick reference guides
- How to download a report from QDEX (PDF, 655 kB)
- How to lodge a report in QDEX (PDF, 431 kB)
- How to search for a company report in QDEX (PDF, 718 kB)
- How to setup a saved search and subscription in QDEX (PDF, 299 kB)
- FAQs (PDF, 34 kB)
Six monthly petroleum production and reserves data reports are required to include these completed templates (ZIP, 30 kB)# as separate files.
Annual petroleum lease reports are required to include this template (ZIP, 7 kB)# for well status as a separate file.
Listed below are narrated video tutorials on the various processes that can be carried out on the QDEX system. If you would like a copy of the CD containing all of these videos please contact QDEX support and we will be happy to post one out to you free of charge.
- Introduction to QDEX
- Help Menu
- View My Details
- Document Collections
- Download Report Options
- Working with Folders
- Searching for a Report
- Saved Searches
- Online Report Lodgement
- Offline Report Lodgement
- List, Modify Delete Lodged Report
- Rejected Reports
Document Collections available for viewing and in the QDEX system:
Exploration Reports: This collection is the result of mandatory reporting requirements to the government by mineral, coal and petroleum explorers in Queensland. The collection commenced with the introduction of the exploration permitting system in Queensland in the 1950s and continues to the present day.
Collaborative Drilling and Industry Network Initiative Reports: Collaborative Drilling Reports are Exploration Reports specifically related to drilling carried out under the Smart Mining - Future Prosperity Collaborative Drilling Initiative in conjunction with the Queensland State Government. Industry Network Initiative reports are Research reports produced by junior exploration companies into innovative mineral exploration targeting and project generation activities.
Departmental publications interactive lists:
- Queensland Geological Maps and Explanatory Notes list (PDF, 196 kB) and availability map guide (PDF, 571 kB): This is a collection of Geological Maps published by the Geological Survey of Queensland. The collection also includes Geology Compilation Plots compiled from recent project work.
- GSQ Record Series list (PDF, 1 MB): Publications produced as part of the Record Series by the Geological Survey of Queensland.
- Queensland Government Mining Journals list
- GSQ Publications list (PDF, 270 kB)
- GSQ Reports list (PDF, 115 kB)
Soils and Land Resources Reports: An extensive collection of information on Queensland soils, acid sulfate soils, land systems, agricultural land suitability, agricultural land capability, available in land resources reports and maps and land management manuals.
Further information (including technical) about QDEX
- Email: QDEX support
- Telephone: +61 7 3035 5256
- Geological Survey of Queensland
Level 10, 119 Charlotte St
- Telephone the Geological information hotline on +61 7 3006 4666 (9 am to 4 pm EST on weekdays)
- Email: Geological information hotline
# Zip files require decompression software
Last updated 7 January 2013