Interactive resource and tenure maps
Interactive resource and tenure maps allow you to zoom, pan, search and display geological data with mining and exploration tenure information for the whole of Queensland.
They also provide a spatial search tool for the Queensland Digital Exploration Reports system (QDEX), allowing you to list company reports for your project area based on historic exploration tenure.
- Many of the geological, exploration and mining data layers for Queensland can be downloaded from the IRTM system.
- Go directly to the download page.
- A simple guide on how the internet maps work is available on the HELP button within the IRTM system.
- Once you have accessed the Internet GIS a row of map tools will display above a map window, map layers will be listed down the left, and a map image will appear in the centre of the screen.
- You can interact with this map image using the tools (eg to zoom in or identify features) and layers to display the spatial information of your choice.
Maps of environmentally sensitive areas
- When making application to the Department of Environment and Heritage Protection (DEHP) for environmental authorities for mining activities, the applicants are required under the Environmental Protection Regulation 1998 to identify Environmentally Sensitive Areas within or adjacent to the proposed mining tenement.
- In the past, the applicants have needed to contact the Department to request copies of these maps or visit a DEHP office to obtain a map of the proposed mining site.
- Maps of environmentally sensitive areas are now available via the Department of Environment and Heritage Protection website, allowing the applicants to produce their own maps.
- IRTM Support at +61 7 3035 5297
- The Geological Survey of Queensland
Level 10, 119 Charlotte St
- The Geological information hotline on
+61 7 3006 4666 (9.00am to 4.00pm EST on weekdays)
- Email the Geological information hotline
Last updated 12 March 2013