Factsheets and resources for landholders
Resources linked to the new land access laws
- The Land Access Code (PDF, 100 kB)
- Tips for landholders (PDF, 140 kB)
- Guide to Queensland's new land access laws (PDF, 120 kB)
- A standard conduct and compensation agreement (Word, 100 kB)
- A standard deferral agreement (Word, 100 kB)
Mineral exploration laws and licences
- Mineral exploration - exploration laws explained (PDF, 75 kB)
- Mineral Development licence (MDL) (PDF, 80 kB)
A guide for landowners and answers to the most asked questions
Entry on to private land
- Mediation and negotiation options for entry onto private land (PDF, 420 kB)
MINES-02 - Notice of intention to negotiate an agreement (with accompanied Election Notice)
Preliminary activities on private land
- Preliminary activities on private land (PDF, 367 kB)
- Process for preliminary activities entry notice flowchart (PDF, 192 kB)
Advanced activities on private land
- Negotiation notice for advanced activities on private land (PDF, 374 kB)
- Advanced activities on private land (PDF, 366 kB)
- Process for advanced activities entry notice flowchart (PDF, 193 kB)
- Election notice (PDF, 55 kB)
May be submitted to the authorised officer by either the owner or occupier or tenure holder, and a copy provided to the other party. This notice may be faxed or emailed to the local Mining Registrar.
Legal Aid Queensland offers legal information, initial advice and referrals to landholders who have been approached by resource companies to enter their land and undertake resource activities. Legal Aid Queensland can help you understand your rights and entitlements and help you access a private legal firm to negotiate with resource companies.
For more information please contact Legal Aid Queensland on 1300 65 11 88.
Other State Government initiatives to manage the co-existence of mining and the agricultural sectors include:
If you have difficulty accessing files from this website please .
Last updated 13 February 2013