Mining Industry Workshops
Recently two workshops were held for the mining industry focusing on Training and Competency.
The aim of the workshops was to provide help and advice on how to meet industry expectations in respect to training and the recognition and measurement of competence.
The workshops featured presentations from the Mines Inspectorate, SkillsDMC, the Department of Education, Training and Employment, the industry safety and health representative, Kinetic Group (formerly known as Mining Industry Skills Centre), the resources registered training organisation and mine operators.
The workshop covered a range of topics such as compliance with Recognised Standard 11 (Training in Coal Mines), the endorsed components of the RII09 Training package and national competency standards (Australian Quality Training Framework).
Presentations and supporting documents from the workshops
- Workshop agenda (PDF, 71 kB)
- Supporting document for workshop (PDF,76 kB)
- Context and purpose of the workshop (PDF, 3.30 MB)
- Avoiding the competency confessional (PDF, 3.92 MB)
- National training package, compliance and observations (PDF, 301 kB)
- Design implementation compliance (PDF, 5.18 MB)
- Australian Training Quality Framework (PDF, 315 kB)
- Generic induction Queensland (PDF, 2.82 MB)
- Training framework in an underground coal mine case study (PDF, 1.26 MB)
- Training and competence in the resources sector RTO case study (PDF, 1.68 MB)
If you have difficulty accessing files from this webpage, please email Mine Safety and Health
Last updated 29 May 2012