Technical information and guidelines
Information on safety and technical matters related to the safety of the petroleum and gas industries is provided here. This includes information related to operating plant, safety management plans, and petroleum and gas measurement matters.
- Regulatory requirements for drilling (PDF, 114 kB)
- Competency Standard for the Petroleum and Gas Drilling Industry (2007) v1 (PDF, 275 kB)
- Competency Standard for the Petroleum and Gas Drilling Industry (2011) v1 (PDF, 128 kB)
- Powerpoint presentation on the drilling industry legislative obligations (PDF, 580 kB) - presented at a meeting in February 2009.
- Drilling industry meeting summary (PDF, 19 kB) - February 2009
- Drill log form - water bores for CSG tenure holders (PDF, 367 kB)
Codes of practice
- Code of Practice for coal seam gas well head emissions detection and reporting (PDF, 114 kB)
- Code of Practice for constructing and abandoning coal seam gas wells in Queensland (PDF, 487 kB)
- LP Gas Automotive Retail Outlets Code of Practice for Safe Operation (PDF, 536 kB)
- Code of Practice for CSG gathering networks
The Australian Pipeline Industry Association (APIA) has prepared a Code of Practice (CoP) for the installation of Polyethylene (PE) Coal Seam Gas (CSG) gathering networks on behalf of members of the association representing CSG producing companies, constructors, PE pipe and fitting manufacturers and engineers.
Schedule 1 of the Petroleum and Gas (Production and Safety) Regulation 2004 has been amended to include the CoP as a "preferred" standard for safety requirements.
Copies of the CoP can be obtained by contacting the APIA.
- Converting gas installations and appliances (PDF, 60 kB)
- Gas System Compliance Plates
- Guideline for the reporting of prescribed incidents to the Petroleum and Gas Inspectorate (PDF, 97 kB)
- Operating plant
- Guideline for completion of a commissioning notice required under s673 (PDF, 71 kB)
- Standards exceptions under section 7 and 7A of the regulations (PDF, 13 kB)
- Risk analysis for non-use of odourisation in fuel gas
- Annual safety reports
- Measurement matters
- Composite pipe - refer to AS/NZS 5601:1:2010, Clause 5.2.13
Safety management plans
- Safety management plans
- LPG Australia Safety Management Plan for Gas Supply and Cylinder Distribution Business (PDF, 904 kB)
- SafeOP for petroleum and gas - a guide to legislative requirements for operating plant including downloadable self audit tool
Last updated 28 November 2013